Are you looking for something new to try for your next date night (or date day)? I’ve got 50 of them for you! Whether you’re looking for something romantic, fun, active, at home, or away with your significant other, there’s probably something here you’d love to do!
My husband and I don’t take date nights as much as we should (probably once a month). Husbands and wives (and dating couples) NEED time alone together to strenghten their relationship. And what better way to do that than by doing something that you both enjoy doing.
In the past our date nights would often include a massage or a pedicure (After 10 years of marriage, I’ve finally gotten my husband on board with pedicures!) and then dinner out at a nice restaurant. Or, we would stay home and watch a movie or binge-watch a show on Netflix together. After a long work week for both of us, we just wanted to do relaxing things.
I’m taking a break from teaching this year and am stay-at-home-mommying and blogging. So I’m definitely looking forward to more fun, adventurous dates outside of the home. Many of these dates are ones my husband and I want to try out soon!
- Get a couples’ massage.
- Venture out to a fancy restaurant you’ve never been to.
- Eat fondue – either at a restaurant or make your own (My favorite is chocolate fondue with fruit!).
- Go to a local coffee shop and chat or read.
- Have a picnic in the park.
- Go to a drive-in movie.
- Recreate your first date.
- Take dance lessons.
- Casually shop at a farmer’s market.
- Lay down outside and watch the stars.
- Make and/or paint pottery.
- Go 4-wheeling.
- Explore a section of your city or your state that you’ve never been to.
- Go to a concert.
- Go to a game for your favorite sports team.
- Go bowling.
- Play mini-golf.
- Go to the shooting range.
- Go to a theme park.
- Take a cooking class together.
- Go horseback riding.
- Go watch a new movie.
- Do an escape room.
- Go apple picking and make homemade applesauce or apple butter (in the fall).
- Camp out on the living room floor and watch a movie.
- Play board or card games.
- Enjoy making a new dinner recipe together (without being rushed!).
- Look through wedding photos (or other old photos of the two of you).
- Give each other massages.
- Roast hot dogs & marshmallows outside by a fire.
- Camp outside.
- Do a DIY project together.
- Binge-watch your favorite Netflix show.
- Play the Newlywed Game, 20 Questions, and/or Would You Rather.
- Go hiking.
- Go on a bike ride.
- Walk along the beach or a lake.
- Go geocaching.
- Go to a corn maze (in the fall).
- Participate in an exercise class together.
- Go white water rafting (in the summer).
- Go on a ghost/walking tour.
- Play frisbee golf.
- Go kayaking or canoeing.
- Go skydiving.
- Travel to a fun city you’ve been wanting to go to.
- Stay at a bed and breakfast.
- Go skiing or snowboarding (in the winter).
- Spend the weekend at a beach or lake house.
- Spend the weekend at a cabin in the mountains.
Hopefully these give you some good ideas when planning your next date with your loved one. Let me know if you have any other great date ideas! What do you and your husband love to do together (keep it clean! ;))?